Monday 17th April 2017

The Hallmark Security League Division 1

Eccleshall 2 Holker Old Boys 2

Scores were level at half time with the game going end to end without the deadlock being broken.

Half time 0-0

Eccleshall went a goal down on 50 minutes when Holker were awarded a penalty which Gareth Smith converted. Four minutes later the visitors found the net again, this time Jordan Brough finding the net. Eccleshall applied the pressure and got their reward when Tom Wakfield slotted home on 65 minutes. Eccleshall equalised on 87 minutes when a ball into the box found Jimmy Wildman who eased the ball home.

 Eccleshall: Bushe, Dyer, Bennion, White (Webb), Dodd, Mountford, Norford, Dunne, Wildman, Wakefield, Bradbury

Subs not used: Coles, Page, Bould

Holker: Morsby, Mellen H., Woodend, Coombe, Bonner, Heffernan, Tweddle, Watkin, Brough, Lightfoot, Smith

Subs: Hubbold, Hodgson, Carter, Mellern J.

 Attendance: 38

Saturday 15th April 2017

The Hallmark Security League Division 1

Widnes 5 Eccleshall 0

Promotion chasing Widnes put Eccleshall to the sword with an accomplished second half show. The home side started well and an early free kick by Luke Edwards was deflected for a corner. The Alex Bushe made a brilliant one handed point blank save to tip Chad Whyte’s header over the bar. Eccleshall made some ground and Elliot Booth was put through but has he ran clear he shot straight at keeper Richard Mottram who saved easily. Oliver Bradbury then chanced his arm but his effort was saved. Eccleshall then forced two corners but they came to nothing. Widnes responded and Jay Roberts had an effort easily dealt with by Bushe. Widnes applied some pressure and they took the lead on 15 minutes when a ball into the box saw William Webb pull away from his marker to head home. Whyte forced another save from Bushe then Alex Davies had an effort deflected wide by Whyte. Eccleshall had go into their shell and the home side dominated as half time approached. Widnes went 2-0 up with the last attempt of the half when Chris Lomax sent a cross into the box which Webb touched past Bushe and into the net.

Half time 2-0

Eccleshall were forced to make a substitution early in the half with Oliver Jepson coming off injured. Widnes went further ahead on 61 minutes when a poor pass across the park by Bradbury gave the ball away and Widnes advanced through Whyte and his effort beat the diving Bushe. Bushe was then forced into a diving save when George Lomax fired in an effort. On 65 minutes Widnes went further ahead when Lomax was presented with an easy chance to screw the ball past Bushe. A rare move forward by Eccleshall led to Andy Dodd’s header being held by Mottram. A good ranging run by Bradbury led to his effort being blocked and then collected by Mottram, has Eccleshall searched for consolation. Widnes made it 5-0 on 80 minutes when a mistake by Oliver Dunne in midfield led to Widnes moving forward again and Whyte turned in the box to easily beat Bushe. Bushe then made another one handed save and Nathan Dyer cleared. 

Eccleshall: Bushe, Dyer, Bennion, Hood, Dodd, Dovey (Coles), Flanagan, Dunne, Booth (Amson), Jepson (Wildman), Bradbury  

Sub not used: Bould

Widnes: Mottram, Roberts, Mitchell, Edwards, Humphries, Akrigg, Davies, Weston, Whyte, Webb, Lomax C.

Subs: Towey, Lomax G., Sheen, Graham, Pollard 

Attendance: 52 

Saturday 22nd April 2017

The Hallmark Security League Division 1

Bacup Borough 1 Eccleshall 2

The first chance of the game, immediately after the kick off,  fell to Bacup but a last ditch tackle by Stuart Dent prevented the home side taking the lead. Eccleshall did just that with an immediate response with Jordan Bennion sending in a cross field ball to Tom Wakefield who moved into the right hand side of the box and his shot stuck the far post and Jimmy Wildman was on hand to place the ball out of keeper Louis McCarthy’s reach and into the net. Eccleshall again with Dent sending in a cross which was headed over by Wildman. A poor clearance by McCarthy led to Wakefield lobbing from distance but his effort was just over the bar. Eccleshall were forced into an early change when Dent was unable to continue after a late tackle on him left him injured and Nathan Dyer came on to replace him. Eccleshall were continuing to press and forced a couple of corners in quick succession. Wakefield then outstripped his marker to make grounds down the right of the box and his low angled effort beat McCarthy but struck the post and rebounded clear. Bacup had their moments and Rio Wilson-Heys fired wide after beating Dyer down the right and Alex Bushe was called on to make a diving save, tipping the ball round for a corner. Eccleshall continued to press as half time approached and gained a free kick on the edge of the right hand side of the box which Bennion curled into the top corner of the net to give McCarthy no chance.

Half time 0-2

Bacup began to press to try and get back into the game and Wilson-Heys fired an effort wide. Eccleshall’s defence was doing a great job and looking very steady. Eccleshall moved out of defence and a ball put Malaki Norford through on the Bacup goal  but was taken down has he was running on, the referee showed Jamie Higgins a yellow card when red looked obvious. Then Bushe was called on to save whilst under pressure from Boyne and Wilson-Heys. An Eccleshall free kick went sailing over the bar as Bennion tried to repeat his first half goal. A move involving Oliver Dunne and Norford led to Wakefield hitting the underside of the bar with McCarthy beaten. Bacup were moving forward but Eccleshall seemed in control, that was until with 6 minutes left the home side pulled a goal back when Wilson-Heys hit one from 25 yards which nestled into the top corner of the net, giving Bushe no chance. Bacup’s frantic efforts to get the equaliser led to nothing has Eccleshall ran out worthy winners. 

Eccleshall: Bushe, Hood, Dent (Dyer), Bradbury, Mountford, Dodd, Norford (White), Dunne, Wildman (Booth), Wakefield, Bennion

Subs: All subs used

Bacup: McCarthy, Rutter, Hall, Porter, Bellemy, Niwachukwu, Genicott, Constantine, Boyne, Higgins, Wilson-Heys

Subs: Lloyd, Harris, Coulson, Rhodes, Peters 

Attendance: 30

Make a Free Website with Yola.